WTC Final RACE – Australia beat SA Highlights: Australia has beaten South Africa in MCG Test to almost secure entry in FINAL of World Test Championships. They will now only have to draw the 3rd test in Sydney or win 1 of the TEST vs India in forthcoming 4 match TEST SERIES to go through the FINALS of WTC. India now is firmly saddled in 2nd Position. Check what India & South Africa needs to do to Qualify for WTC FINALS. No other team now remains in contention for place in FINAL: Follow WTC Final RACE & Indian Cricket Team LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
WTC Final RACE: Australia almost through to FINALS of World Test Championship, Check what India needs to do to QUALIFY? Follow LIVE UPDATES
How India can qualify for WTC FINAL? South Africa’s loss to Australia in the first Test in Brisbane & now at MCG has helped India’s cause. India with 2-0 series win over Bangladesh themselves have supported their chances to QUALIFY for FINALS. India is now NO. 2 and South Africa have fallen to 4th SPOT.
SriLanka has taken NO. 3 spot now but have little chance to topple India.
Where do India STAND? India began the Bangladesh series with 52. 08% percentage points (PCT) while South Africa were on 60%. India’s two wins helped them garner 24 points and took their percentage points to 58.
SA’s TWIN loss have plummeted their percentage points to 50%. SriLanka meanwhile has 53.33%
Australia with 132 points and percentage points of 78.57% are all but through.
India have 4 remaining Tests at home against Australia. South Africa too have 1 away Tests against Australia and 2 home Tests against the West Indies. It is more or less a shootout between India and South Africa for the second spot in the WTC Final.
What must India & SA do?
● If SA manage to win Sydney in Australia and then clean sweep West Indies 2-0, India will need to win either three Tests or win two and draw the remaining two Tests against Australia to ensure they finish above South Africa.
● If India beat Australia 4-0, they will finish with 68. 05% points. In that case, SA cannot qualify even if they win all 4 of their remaining matches, for then they will end up with only 66. 66%.
● If India beat Australia 3-0, SA can only qualify with 4 wins in their remaining 4
Tests. If India beat Australia 3-1, then too SA again will have to win all 4 remaining Tests. If SA lose one more Test Down Under, they will be at the mercy of the India-Australia series scoreline to progress.
Are Australia through?
● Only if they win their remaining two Tests against South Africa. If they win one and lose the other, they will need five points from the India series.
Are any other teams in the running for a place?
● None except Sri Lanka, who have the best chance to pip India and South Africa. Lanka can finish at 61. 11% if they win their remaining two Tests against New Zealand and India and South Africa both goof up in all their matches.
Follow WTC Final RACE & Indian Cricket Team LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN