IND vs NZ LIVE Score: IND NZ 2nd T20 LIVE: Toss at 6:30 PM – India are in a spot of bother after losing the Ranchi T20. Hardik Pandya will want to avoid being the only Indian captain to lose a full T20 series to NewZealand at home. However, coach Rahul Dravid and captain Pandya are facing Shubman Gill and Prithvi Shaw dilemma. India will also have to raise their game after a top-order collapse in Ranchi. IND NZ LIVE Broadcast is on Star Sports Network at 7 PM from Lucknow. Watch IND NZ LIVE Streaming on Disney+Hotstar & Follow India vs NewZelanad LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN.
- India trail in the series 0-1 after losing 1st T20 by 21 runs.
- India were caught in a spin web on the Ranchi pitch.
- Lucknow pitch is expected to be on the similar lines and India will aim to avoid another collapse.
- NZ only won a one-off T20 series back in 2012 in India.
- Kiwis have never won a full T20 series. India will aim to continue their drought.
- IND NZ LIVE Broadcast is on Star Sports Network & DD Sports at 7 PM from Lucknow.
- IND NZ LIVE Streaming is on Disney+Hotstar.
India Playing XI 2nd T20: Hardik Pandya aims to SOLVE Shubman-Arshdeep puzzle in SERIES-DECIDER Lucknow T20, Follow IND vs NZ LIVE Updates
IND vs NZ LIVE Score: Toss at 6:30 PM, Hardik Pandya & Co aim to save series, Shaw-Gill question looms large, Follow India vs NewZealand Ball by Ball LIVE Updates
The loss also highlighted India’s bowling profligacy, especially by the pace duo of Arshdeep Singh and Umran Malik. If tearaway pacer Malik conceded 16 runs in one over, Arshdeep leaked 27 runs in the last over. The poor last over eventually became the deciding factor.
IND vs NZ 2nd T20: What to expect from 2nd T20?
- India had multiple failure across departments.
- If pacers failed to perform, the top-order failed to show any resilience.
- But skipper Pandya is likely to stick to his guns and back players despite failure.
- That means uncapped pace bowler Mukesh Kumar is unlikely to get a go in place of Arshdeep or Chahal.
- However, if Dravid-Hardik feel the pitch is going to be very similar to Ranchi, they may choose to bring in Yuzvendra Chahal.
- Ishan Kishan and Deepak Hooda will be under scrutiny as they have faded away despite pronising starts.
- Since his double century in Bangladesh, Ishan has scored 37, 2, 1, 5, 8*, 17 and 4 in last 7 innings T20s and ODIs combined.
- Hooda hasn’t enjoyed much success as a lower middle-order batter and averages just 17.88 in the last 13 innings.
- Shubman Gill even with the plentiful runs in ODIs is still learning the T20 way.
- But considering the confidence the team management has in him, Prithvi Shaw will have to extend his run on the bench.
While India are unlikely to try out newcomer Jitesh Sharma in the role of wicketkeeper-batter in the middle-order, time is certainly running out for Hooda and Kishan.
The Kiwis, on the other hand, would look for another victory to secure a memorable series win in India. They will once again rely heavily on their in-form duo of Devon Conway and Daryl Mitchell.
The team’s first win in India since 2017. T20I 2 is in Lucknow on Sunday. Scorecard | https://t.co/QaKoIoMTn1 #INDvNZ 📷 = BCCI pic.twitter.com/IT6lcqYYzf
— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) January 27, 2023
Predicted India Playing XI: Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya (c), Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Shivam Mavi, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh
Predicted NZ Playing XI: Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Mark Chapman, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner (c), Michael Bracewell, Jacob Duffy, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner
IND vs NZ 2nd T20I Match Details
When is the IND vs NZ 2nd T20I?
India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I will be played on Sunday, January 29.
When will the IND vs NZ 2nd T20I start?
India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I will begin at 07:00 PM IST.
Where will the IND vs NZ 2nd T20I be held?
India and New Zealand 2nd T20I will be held at the Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow.
India Squad: Hardik Pandya (c), Suryakumar Yadav (vc), Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Prithvi Shaw, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi and Mukesh Kumar
NewZealand Squad: Mitchell Santner (c), Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Glenn Phillips, Dane Cleaver (wk), Mark Chapman, Michael Bracewell, Daryl Mitchell, Michael Rippon, Lockie Ferguson, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Jacob Duffy, Henry Shipley and Ben Lister
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS/ Follow IND vs NZ 2nd T20 Updates With InsideSport.IN.
The post IND vs NZ LIVE Score: Hardik Pandya & Co aim to save series, Shaw-Gill question looms large, Follow India vs NewZealand Ball by Ball LIVE Updates first appeared on Inside Sport India.