India vs Bangladesh LIVE SCORE: IND BAN Chattogram Test LIVE – India Batting First: Shubman Gill and KL Rahul have started strongly for visitors. India have won the toss and opted to bat first in the 1st Test vs Bangladesh. Visitors are playing three spinners as Kuldeep Yadav returns to the Test side. India begin their last leg of Mission WTC Final against Bangladesh. With no Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah or Ravindra Jadeja, India begin on the backfoot. Watch IND BAN LIVE Streaming on SonyLIV and Follow IND vs BAN LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN.
However, against a struggling Bangladesh Test side that has won only 1 Test in the last 10 matches, it will not be a difficult task. KL Rahul will lead in Chattogram with Cheteshwar Pujara acting as his deputy. Sony Sports Network will have IND BAN LIVE Broadcast from 9 AM, Wednesday.
India vs Bangladesh
Bangladesh (Playing XI): Zakir Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Litton Das, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Mushfiqur Rahim, Yasir Ali, Nurul Hasan(w), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Khaled Ahmed, Ebadot Hossain
India (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, KL Rahul(c), Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
- India are playing a Test match after five months.
- India are 4th on the WTC Points Table.
- KL Rahul will be confident as India have never lost a Test against Bangladesh.
- India have a 9-0 record in 11 games against Bangladesh.
- Sony Sports Network will have IND BAN LIVE Broadcast from 9 AM.
- IND BAN LIVE Streaming will be on SonyLIV.
India vs Bangladesh LIVE SCORE: KL Rahul & Co begin last leg of Mission WTC Finals against Bangladesh, IND vs BAN Chattogram Test starts 9 AM, Follow IND BAN 1st LIVE Updates
India are currently 4th with 52.08 percentage points. Pakistan’s two consecutive losses to England have definitely boosted India’s chances. But India have 4 tough matches at home against table-toppers Australia. Hence, the two Tests against Bangladesh will be crucial. India can only afford to lose 1 match out of six.
The current cycle runs from July 2021 to June 2023. Top nine Test teams play six series each, three at home and three away. The top two will compete in the final at the Oval in London. Australia are currently at the top and have all but qualified for the finals.
IND vs BAN 1st Test: What to expect from Chattogram Test?
- India and Bangladesh both are struggling with injuries.
- India are without their four Test regulars. Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami and Ravindra Jadeja are out injured.
- Hence, Shubman Gill will open with KL Rahul in Rohit’s absence.
- Cheteshwar Pujara will retain his No 3 slot with Virat Kohli at No 4.
- With no Shubman Gill to compete with, Shreyas Iyer will get the No 5 slot.
- However, Rishabh Pant who has done wonders at No 6 will continue the job behind the stumps.
- However, that means KS Bharat will only be a backup option for India.
- It gets tricky from No 7. With no Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin will bat at No 7. But India have a spin dilemma.
- Even though Axar Patel has done well in the subcontinent, India may choose to look at fellow left-arm spinner Saurabh Kumar.
- With 15 wickets in two matches, Saurabh Kumar was the best bowler for India A against Bangladesh A.
- As he has been waiting in the wings, the team management can give the Uttar Prades spinner his dream debut.
- Shardul Thakur, however, will have to compete with Jaydev Unadkat.
- With rich exploits in domestic red-ball cricket, Unadkat has proven his mettle. He is also a handy batter.
- Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Siraj will occupy the two other pacers’ spots.
— BCCI (@BCCI) December 12, 2022
Bangladesh will also be buoyed after winning the one-day series 2-1. However, Bangladesh are last on the WTC Points Table one win and one draw from their 10 matches. They have also not won a Test at home since February 2020.
“I think the country tends to enjoy white-ball cricket. We have had a lot of success at home in ODI cricket,” said fielding coach Shane McDermott. But he added that it was a “challenge” to play Tests, although the “overall attitude has generally improved”.
India vs Bangladesh 1st Test Match Details
Date: December 14, Wednesday
Venue: Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
Start Time: 9 AM IST
LIVE Telecast: Sony Sports Network
Live Streaming: SonyLIV app and website.
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Watch IND BAN LIVE Streaming on SonyLIV and Follow our LIVE BLOG of IND vs BAN LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN.