CWG 2022 DAY 5 India Highlights – India wins gold in Women’s four Lawn Bowls: Men’s table tennis win gold: Vikas Thakur wins silver, India Badminton team settles for silver: India bagged four medals on Tuesday with the Women’s Lawn Bowls team beating South Africa 17-10 to win a historic gold. India’s Men’s Table Tennis team then defeated Singapore in the final to win gold. Weightlifter Vikas Thakur won silver in the 96kg, while the Indian Mixed Badminton team won silver after losing to Malaysia in the final. M Sreeshankar and Muhammed Anees Yahiya have both qualified for long jump final. Follow Commonwealth Games DAY 5 LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN
CWG 2022 DAY 5 Highlights: Indian women win GOLD in Lawn Bowls, Men’s team secures gold in Table tennis, Weightlifter Vikas Thakur clinches silver, Mixed Badminton team bags silver
CWG 2022 India Day 5 Schedule
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 01:00 PM IST – Women’s Triples, Sectional Play – Round 1, Tania Choudhury/Rupa Rani Tirkey/Pinki.
India defeated New Zealand 15-11.
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 01:00 PM IST – Women’s Pairs, Sectional Play – Round 1, Nayanmoni Saikia/Lovely Choubey
The Indian pair lost 18-9 to New Zealand.
- Weightlifting – 02:00 PM IST – Women’s 76kg, Punam Yadav
Punam Yadav did not register a single lift in the clean and jerk despite a good show at snatch. Big disappointment.
- Athletics and Para Athletics – 02:30 PM IST – Men’s Long Jump, Qualification Rounds, A & B – Murali Sreeshankar, Muhammed Anas
Murali Sreeshankar and Muhammed Anas have both made it to the finals of the long jump.
- Aquatics – Swimming and Para Swimming – 03:00 PM IST, Men’s 1500m Freestyle, Heats, Advait Page, Kushagra Rawat
With a timing of 15:39.25s, Page finished 4th in 1500m freestyle heat and qualified for the final.
Kushagra Rawat too finished with a timing of 15:47.77 and advances to the final.
- Aquatics – Swimming and Para Swimming – 03:00 PM IST, Men’s 200m Backstroke, Heats, Srihari Nataraj
India ace swimmer Srihari Natraj clocked 2:00.84 in his 200m backstroke heat but failed to qualify for the final.
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 04:15 PM IST, Men’s Singles, Sectional Play – Round 1, Mridul Borgohain
Mridul Borgohain lost the contest by 21-8 against New Zealand’s Shannon McIlroy
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 04:15 PM IST, Women’s Fours Gold Medal match – India vs South Africa
India defeated South Africa to win a historic medal in the final, score reading 17-10
- Table Tennis 6 PM: India vs Singapore in Men’s Team Gold Medal Match
India defeated Singapore 3-1 to clinch gold medal
- Hockey – 06:30 PM IST – Women’s Hockey, Group Match, India v England
India lose to England 1-3 in the group encounter
- Weightlifting – 06:30 PM IST – Men’s 96kg, Vikas Thakur
Vikas Thakur won silver in the final
- Squash – 08:30 PM IST – Women’s Singles Plate Semi-final – Sunayana Kuruvilla vs Faiza Zafar
Sunayana Kuruvilla defeated Faiza Zafar 11-2, 11-4, 11-5 to enter the Plate final.
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 08:45 PM IST, Men’s Fours, Sectional Play – Round 1, Navneet Singh/Sunil Bahadur/Dinesh Kumar/Chandan Singh
India defeats Fiji 14-11
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 08:45 PM IST, Women’s Triples, Sectional Play – Round 2, Tania Choudhury/Rupa Rani Tirkey/TBD
India defeats New Zealand 15-11
- Squash – 09:15 PM IST – Men’s Singles Semifinal, Saurav Ghosal vs Paul Coll
Sourav Ghosal lost 9-11, 4-11, 1-11 to New Zealand’s Paul Coll in the semifinals.
- Badminton – 10:00 PM IST, India vs Malaysia Gold medal match
India lost to Malaysia 1-3 in the final to settle for Silver medal.
- Athletics and Para Athletics – 11:00 PM IST, Women’s Discus Throw, Final, Navjeet Dhillon, Seema Punia
Seema Punia finishes fifth with a best throw of 55.92, while Navjeet Kaur Dhillon finished eighth after a 53.51m throw.
- Weightlifting – 11:00 PM IST, Women’s 87kg, Bannur Natesh Usha
Bannur Natesh Usha finishes sixth after managing to lift a total of 205 kgs in the Women’s 87 kg category.
- Boxing – 11:45 PM IST, Men’s Welterweight – Rohit Tokas vs Alfred Kotey
Rohit Tokas reaches the quarterfinals of the Boxing Men’s 63.5-67kg category after defeating Ghana’s Alfred Kotey
The post CWG 2022 DAY 5 Highlights: Indian women win GOLD in Lawn Bowls, Men’s team secures gold in Table tennis, Weightlifter Vikas Thakur clinches silver, Mixed Badminton team bags silver first appeared on Inside Sport India.